Today I effectively procrastinated by looking at idiotic TV-shows when I was supposed to work. Probably because I was tired, sometimes my energy just escapes. However, I managed to correct a few texts, and I was quite happy with that. Even more important, I avoided blaming myself for my “sinful misconduct” of being unproductive.
I think I’m slowly developing a better approach to myself in these situations. I think this is due to my meditation practice, it might also be that I’m currently liberated from work. I’m really trying to cultivate better ways of dealing with my everyday life, both when it comes to routines and my approach to my “failures”.
I’m reading “Against the Stream” by Noah Levine at the moment, which is a book about Buddhist mediation, but also a guidebook to become a “spiritual revolutionary” as Noah puts it. It’s a bit pretentious and moralistic in some ways, but it also gives good strategies to handle anger, fear, anxiety and other feelings that might cause suffering. I’ve just read a few chapters and I try to do a critical reading and pick up whatever I like. In fact, Noah encourage the reader to find out for him or herself.
The sections about meditation and how to relate to one's thoughts and feelings, are really good, while Noah’s comments on “right livelihood” can be very narrow. Apparently, he has been meditating a lot, and managed to change a very difficult life situation with drugs and violence by doing it, so I feel I can trust him on that one. The more political interpretations, where he for instance judges people working at bars for “wrong livelyhood” leaves something to be desired. Noah fails to realise that we’re living in a capitalist society and that we have to relate to world according to that fact.
Hmm I didn’t mean to dig so deep into this.
Anyway, I finished a not so hard day’s work by watching a really good film called Matewan together with a friend. The film is a bit old (1987) a bit old but I can really recommend it. Me and my friend woke up our dreams of solidarity, comradeship and started thinking about new ways to do it in a more collective way.
God night
I think I’m slowly developing a better approach to myself in these situations. I think this is due to my meditation practice, it might also be that I’m currently liberated from work. I’m really trying to cultivate better ways of dealing with my everyday life, both when it comes to routines and my approach to my “failures”.
I’m reading “Against the Stream” by Noah Levine at the moment, which is a book about Buddhist mediation, but also a guidebook to become a “spiritual revolutionary” as Noah puts it. It’s a bit pretentious and moralistic in some ways, but it also gives good strategies to handle anger, fear, anxiety and other feelings that might cause suffering. I’ve just read a few chapters and I try to do a critical reading and pick up whatever I like. In fact, Noah encourage the reader to find out for him or herself.
The sections about meditation and how to relate to one's thoughts and feelings, are really good, while Noah’s comments on “right livelihood” can be very narrow. Apparently, he has been meditating a lot, and managed to change a very difficult life situation with drugs and violence by doing it, so I feel I can trust him on that one. The more political interpretations, where he for instance judges people working at bars for “wrong livelyhood” leaves something to be desired. Noah fails to realise that we’re living in a capitalist society and that we have to relate to world according to that fact.
Hmm I didn’t mean to dig so deep into this.
Anyway, I finished a not so hard day’s work by watching a really good film called Matewan together with a friend. The film is a bit old (1987) a bit old but I can really recommend it. Me and my friend woke up our dreams of solidarity, comradeship and started thinking about new ways to do it in a more collective way.
God night
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar